Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 26, 2011

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing


I love this book! As with all Judy Blume books, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing  is full of hilarity and amazing accidents.  I remember reading it as a child and sympathizing with Peter. Granted I do not have a crazy little brother named Fudge but I do have siblings. We got into all kinds of trouble together.  I also babysat some amazing children. This is a great book to catch the attention of students with siblings, students who love pets, and students who love to laugh. I laughed aloud several times and was caught grinning like a loon by my husband at least once.  Your students will fall in love with the characters and will be hooked into reading many other great Judy Blume books.
 P.S. Did you know Judy Blume blogs? I didn't. But now I do. And so do you. Feel free to sneak a peek. Judy Blume's Blog. Did you also know that Fudge was based on her son, Larry when he was a toddler? Or that her favorite color is purple? You learn all that and more just by exploring her website.
Next on the list? The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School by Candace Fleming. Get ready for a fun review and a simple lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment