Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 11, 2011

Technology Thursday

Be consistent!  That is one thing I heard over and over again in my educational training.  I am pleased on how consistent I have been with my Book Talk Tuesdays. I haven't missed a Tuesday since I started and I usually have 1-2 posts written in advance. Book Talk Tuesdays also give me the opportunity to read and to share something with you. I hope you are enjoying them, because I plan to continue. If you have any books you recommend I would love to hear about them. 

Since Book Talk Tuesdays are going so well, I'm contemplating starting Technology Thursday. I think if I do, I will start by showcasing websites that I have discovered and loved and move on to different things when I feel competent enough. I hope that you find these posts interesting and helpful.

For those of you who don't know, I started my teaching experience in Utah. So it is only fair I tell you all about uen.org. If you have not heard of UEN, this post might be one of the best things you read all day. UEN stands for the Utah Education Network. 

Highlights of UEN

State standards, being transitioned to the new Common Core this year.  - Get answers to your questions.

Free lesson plans and ideas sorted by subject and grade level.

Interactive Games K-2, 3-6, 7-12. Good for a class website, fun practice at home, or reward.

Games are organized by subject. My favorites? My World section has lots of science and social studies games. Brain Games challenge memory and develop creative solution skills. 

I loved that the topics have subtopics to make navigating the site easier. For example, if you click on technology you can choose between Hardware & Software, Keyboarding, or Internet Safety.  There are lots of great resources to tie into a unit, set up for student exploration, or play as a class.


Lots of great ideas for all ages!

I hope this helps. Do you think you might use it in your classroom? Do you think posts like these are worth writing? Let me know and drop me a line.

PS Don't forget to enter my giveaway!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, the uen.org site looks helpful...Yes I like the idea of tech Thursday.

    Thanks,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete