Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 31, 2012

Run run as fast as you can

I'd like to tell you that I was one of the fastest kids on the playground. You know, one of the ones who only got caught when they wanted too? Yeah. That was not me. I was more awkward then that. ;)

I got tagged twice. I've been tagged by Loving and Learning in Pre-K and Third Grade Teacher Files.

The Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



12 Fun Random Facts About Mrs. L


1. I love fast paced card games. I have to tone it down when I play with new people or they won't play with me again. I once beat my husband at Nurtz using my left hand because my right hand was in a cast.
2. I lived in Japan for over 15 months. I learned the language, developed a love of vegetables, and broke two bones
3. I met my husband in Japan. We like to talk in Japanese when we want to keep a secret from our family.
4. Despite my mother encouraging me to dance, I am the most ungraceful person you are likely to meet.
5. I devour books. I read a book or more a day in the summer time.
6. I love pinning recipes on Pinterest. I now need to start making them. 4 down a million to go.
7. I am a Worrier. Notice that capital W. I worry about anything and everything.
8. I have been to 49 states. Last one on the list? Alaska.
9. While I have a relatively average immediate family, my extended family is huge. I have over 50 first cousins. I know all their names, and I have met them all several times.
10. I love to find a good deal. I am a coupon addict and have a hard time spending money, unless it is on food.
11. I am a Christian.
12. I am working on organizing my office this next month. I'm hoping I won't regret it. It's a giant project.


Julia asked:
1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
I love to teach reading!
2. Do you have a SmartBoard in your classroom?

No. :(
3. How often do you use songs in your class?

Every day. At morning circle, story time, goodbye time, and often for transitions.
4. Are you married/single/engaged/etc.?

I am married.
5. What type of music do you listen to?

Some of this and that. I listen to alternative, soft country, classical, and pop.
6. How long have you been teaching?

Officially? A year and a half. Unofficially, since I was six.
7. What is your New Year's resolution?

I had a lot. See my list here.
8. If you weren't teaching, what would you be doing?

Being a mother.
9. If you create your own materials for TPT or TN, where do you get your inspiration from?

Other bloggers, books, and movies.
10. What is your favorite TV show?

I watch a lot of shows. I love home improvement shows, the cooking network, some scifi, and a lot of crime shows. I think it is a toss-up between early Bones and Castle.
11. Do you have any pets?

No. And I don't think we will ever get one.
12. What is your favorite recipe website? 

Pinterest


Katherine asked:

1.What is one food/drink you could eat every day? Fresh fruit. Strawberries, bananas, or pineapple.
3. If you could have a shopping spree at one place, where would it be? Costco or a book store
4. What is a pet peeve of yours? Being late.
5. Where is the best place you've ever been on vacation? Hawaii
6. What is your favorite thing/subject/lesson to teach? Reading
7. How do you balance the demands of teaching with your at home, personal/family life? I leave as much as I can at school
8. What is a memory you have that is linked to a specific song? Hey Stephen - Fresno, California
9. Where is one place you'd like to visit before you die? Alaska
10. Who has influenced you the most as a teacher?  My students
11. What is the most worn piece of clothing in your wardrobe? My converse
12. If you could trade places with one person for a day, who would it be and why? I kind of like being me.

My 12 Questions
1. What is one thing you wished you had for your classroom?
2. What is your favorite professional development book?
3. How would your students describe you?
4. Where do you get your clipart?
5. What is your favorite concept to teach?
6. What is one things you wish you knew before you became a teacher?
7. How do you stay organized?
8. What do you do when you are on break?
9. How many blogs do you follow?
10. What is your favorite band/artist?
11. What is the last movie you saw?
12. What are you currently reading?

If you were tagged and would rather not participate, I can understand that as well. Just know I was thinking of you. :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment