Worth listening and pondering about today's education
- Intelligence is diverse, dynamic, and distinct.
- We need to teach children it is ok to make a mistake. I know this first hand. I myself am often to scared to take a chance when it comes to something new in teaching. Something I am sure my children would love. I need to take a chance and expand my teaching to meet all the learning styles of my children.
- Children need to be well rounded not just well defined on one side of the brain. Children need more than math and language. It is my job to integrate that into the classroom as much as possible. You have to create opportunities to help student's develop their talents. We are either helping them reach their dreams or we are teaching them not to try.
- Are we filling the world full of people who believe that they don't have any talents? Are we mainstreaming and teaching the talents that "don't matter" right out of them? Children are much more gifted than they believe. We just need to help them find and develop those talents.
- Are we teaching people to enjoy what they do or endure what they do?
- Humans are unique. Do not standardize them. Do not make them jump through hoops that were not made for them. Customize your classroom to fit the environment and your children.
Thank you Lessons Learned for starting my journey today.
For more videos on creativity visit Mrs. Lazenby.
Thank you to Lifelong Learning for pointing me to another video by Mr. Robinson.
For more videos by Mr. Robinson, feel free to explore his site.