Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 1, 2012

Brain Dance

I love the Brain Dance and I wanted to incorporate it into my classroom. But I had a problem. I have a terrible memory. So I whipped up a couple of cute posters with borders by From the Pond. Click on the picture below to get a copy for yourself.


For those of you that don't know the Brain Dance is a full body/brain warm up exercise. I love that students can complete the brain dance in a chair, on the floor or standing. This dance can be done to any song to fit your schedule. More information about it can be found here.

Here are more specific examples for each movement listed above:
Start by taking a couple of deep breathes.
Squeeze, pat, and brush all over your body.
Make a big shape and then a smaller one. Repeat a couple of times.
Wiggle all over, make sure to move your spine.
Move your upper half.
Move your lower half.
Move the left side of your body.
Move the right side of your body.
Use your eyes to track your hand up, down, right, and left.
Bring your right elbow to your left knee, then your left elbow to your right knee.
Lean over and swing between your legs.
Spin in a circle. Repeat the other way.

6 comments:

  1. You've made me curious! What is the brain dance???

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is brain dance? Now I'm curious about what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE brain dance! I teach in an arts integrated school and we have had the opportunity to learn about brain dance in several different staff developments.

    LifeInSpecialEducation

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks fun!
    Lory
    Funforfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun! In my class, I've always called them "Brain Breaks" and the kids absolutely love it! Whenever they have been sitting for too long or are preparing for a test, I will always have a little one ask me if we can do a quick brain break ;)

    Btw, I am a new follower. I'd love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance!

    ✿Valerie
    Grow Up Learning
    Grow Up Learning Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to try this out on Monday! We are mandated to do daily physical exercise (dpa) in every classroom. I think the kids are going to LOVE this...thanks!

    Teach~Play~Smile

    ReplyDelete