Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 14, 2011

Books!

It is nearly impossible to name all of my favorite books. So the highlights I can name off the top of my head while trying to think outside the box are listed below.

Childhood Favorites
Anything by Roald Dahl, Bill Peet, Edward Eager, or Beatrix Potter. (These are just the ones I went through a phase with, there are many other great books I read and that were read to me.) My parents read me Pippi Longstocking, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, and My Father's Dragon Series. Did I mention we lived at the library in the summer? Let's just say Southern California with no AC is hard to survive.

Classroom Favorites
I also love Judy Blume, Kevin Henkes, Dr. Seuss, Cynthia Rylant, Rick Walton, JK Rowling, Boxcar Children, Mary Pope Osborne and many more. There is one that I am trying to think of and it is eluding me. Driving me a little crazy actually. Does anyone remember a book about a lemur who is afraid of everything? He hides in his house with no windows or doors and avoids shampoo. Anyone? Hmm. Curls and a Smile saved the day! Helen Lester. I love her books.

Teen Pleasures
The Twilight Books, Tamora Pierce Books, Scott Westerfeld, the Hunger Games Series, Rick Riordan, Artermis Fowl books, and many more. My new favorite that people who read and loved the Hunger Games should absolutely read? Divergent by Veronica Roth. Read it! You will LOVE it!

Professional Development
I am a work in progress. Right now I love Donalyn Miller, Debbie Miller, and Fay and Funk. I am trying to review more professional books on my blog so feel free to stop by and see what I have to say and share.

I love books and would love to share more with you. I have recently started Book Talks that tend to fall on Tuesdays, so I guess I will call them Book Talk Tuesdays. Become a follower and learn more about me and the books I read!

Thank you Rundee's Room for this opportunity.

PS I just had to share this amazing picture of a cube sculpture made completely out of books. It was shown at the Museum of Art in Provo. So cool!

I love that the books aren't even. The Jenga player in me was really tempted. There weren't even any ropes to keep people like me out. What would have happened if I saw a book I wanted to read? I don't know! But am I ever glad my husband dragged me to the museum and had his camera on hand.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! LOVE your button - "live, love, laugh, learn" is my tagline on my blog (and on I picture I made for my daughter's room). I also LOVE the book cube you posted ... makes me feel better about the amount of books I hoard - I'm not there ... yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dahl is how his last name is spelled and i love the book cube. Maybe you could give approximate dimensions to those of us out of state?

    What about a new category of books "What I read__ at the beach, in the bath, on the bus, for fun, etc."

    ReplyDelete