Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 30, 2011

Oh, the things you can do

Today I walked to my alma mater to get some training on resumes, cover letters, and interviewing. (Yes parking is that bad! But I also got to walk to school with my hubby.) I got exercise! I also gained three new blisters! One on each pinky toe, and the last on my heel. Think I need to invest in some comfier dress shoes. Also think that I should be exercising a bit more. (I promise this random story has something to do with my weekly book talk.)

The book I wanted to share with you today is about a topic I introduce at the start of school, Health. How many teachers have young kids who don't know how to wash their hands? This book deals explains in a cute rhyming pattern with characters the students already know and love.

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the AMAZING Cat in the Hat's Learning Library, but I absolutely love the ones I own and wish I had money to buy more of them. I have recently been tempted by the sets at Costco. I must resist. I must.


By Tish Rabe Illustrated by Aristides Ruiz


I enjoy reading this book because it mentions important health ideas in simple terms. It teaches children the importance of listening to their body, covering their sneezes, washing their hands, and getting enough rest. If you have the chance, I would definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment