Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 11, 2011

My Teacher Likes to Say

I know you are not supposed to judge a book on it's cover, but this one is so cute, I could not resist. If you can see in this tiny picture, the boy in the middle has ants in his pants. :)


My Teacher Likes to Say by Denise Brennan-Nelson

My Teacher Likes to Say gets your student's thinking about what the words they say really mean. It lends itself to all kinds of fun activities. Wether you are drawing a four square of idioms, writing your own idiom and proverb book, or discussing quotation marks this book will have your kids giggling as they learn some great history behind the things we say.

This book is full of idioms and proverbs. For those of you who have a hard time distinguishing the difference, know you are not alone. In order to solve this problem, I created two awesome posters to help your class be able to tell the difference.



Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment