Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 3, 2012

Science Secrets Linky Party

Since August is National Inventors Month I couldn't resist having a linky party about my favorite science books.

 

 I would love for you to add some of your own to the list. In order to join the party please blog about your favorite books and link back to this post. You can use the simple graphic I included below or just add a link specific to this post. Scroll all the way down to get the graphic and add your own link.

On to the good stuff. The books! You can pick a theme or just share the ones you can remember off the top of your head.  I tried to group mine together but all my books are in boxes and I have a hard time remembering.


So You Want to Be an Inventor? by Judith St. George


Now & Ben: The Modern Inventions of Benjamin Franklin by Gene Barretta (He has a couple more books out for other inventors. I would love to get my hands on them.)


  Janice VanCleave's Earth Science for Every Kid: 101 Easy Experiments that Really Work (Science for Every Kid Series) This one is a classic for me. I purchased it for one of my teaching classes and love it. Simple science at it's best.


There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) by Tish Rabe. You either love her books or you hate them. I love them because they introduce complex science terms in kid friendly language. The kids love the fun drawings and rhymes as well.


National Geographic Kids Everything Rocks and Minerals: Dazzling gems of photos and info that will rock your world by Steve Tomecek. My students love this book! (And almost anything else by National Geographic Kids.) Does anyone else see a huge demand for non-fiction in their classroom? Not just my boys but my girls love non-fiction books. I need to add more to my collection.


Human Footprint: Everything You Will Eat, Use, Wear, Buy, and Throw Out in Your Lifetime (National Geographic Kids) by Ellen Kirk. I love the visual way they represent the amount of things we use. It blows your mind. This book is perfect for Earth Day.


Science Verse by Jon Scieszka. The poems and pictures in this book draw in older and younger kids.

Grab the code for this picture in the box below:

No comments:

Post a Comment