Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 14, 2011

Scatter Sunshine

Rowdy in First is hosting a Linky Party I just had to join.

All you have to do to link up is share some of the positives in your day!

Yesterday I was going through one of the nine teaching boxes I have yet to sort since moving last month, when I found one of my old binders from college. It was full of great ideas and a ton of great quotes. I hope to share some of the great ideas later on, for now just take a moment and read this quote.

"We must not drift away from humble works, because these are the works nobody will do. It is never too small. We are so small, and we look at things in a small way. But God, being Almighty, sees everything great. Therefore, even if you write a letter for a blind man, or you just go and listen, or you take the mail for him, or you visit somebody, or bring a flower to someone - small things - or wash clothes for somebody, or clean the house - very humble work - that is where you and I must be. For there are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things." - Churchill

The small acts we do everyday play a large role in the people and society around us. Never forget that you are making a difference one child at a time. You bring sunshine, love, and laughter into the lives of children. 

Things that brought sunshine to my life today?

I went shopping with my older sister and got to play with my adorable nephew. He is the chunkiest kid I have ever met. I also got a ton of great food dirt cheap through all my coupons. You have to love saving 50% or more.

My husband made dinner, did the dishes, and vacuumed the whole house. 

There was a rainbow in the sky the entire 30 minutes I was driving home today. Gorgeous.

And I began my journey to becoming a substitute teacher. I am so excited to share some of the great ideas I have seen on the web. I have missed being in the classroom. Also I need to do something about the mound of teacher things that are dominating over half of my home office. Who knew I had over 400 pencils? I didn't. :)

Scatter sunshine wherever you go today.
You won't regret it! 




2 comments:

  1. That's funny about the pencils. A few years ago, after I did some spring cleaning of my own, we decided to send our surplus pencils to Africa. So we gathered them up - told our students NOT to buy a single pencil but just to bring your extras - and ended up sending a paper box full - over 2500 pencils! Thanks for sprinkling some sunshine.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked subbing a lot when I was subbing last year. I got a TON of good ideas. Make sure you always take your camera so you don't forget cool displays or good ways to do things!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete