Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 31, 2012

Assessment in the classroom

Growing up birthdays are a special because it means you are one year older and capable of doing more than you used too. You see such growth in a child in a year. In education we are always trying to measure and quantify that growth. This leads to lots and lots of assessments. Which sometimes leads to frustrated teachers and discouraged students.

Source: google.com via Madison on Pinterest


Today's Birthday Freebie, Assessment Ideas was designed to help you overcome that problem. Thinking up different assessments can be difficult, but these pages should make planning a pinch. Simply print out or store these poster somewhere you will see them often. I love to keep a copy of each poster in my planning binder. As you plan look the different assessment ideas over and find one that will work for you and your students. Giving your students a variety of assessments will encourage creativity and foster an environment where everyone can learn.




What is your favorite way to assess your students? I love to include performance products in my classroom. The students enjoy it so much, and I see their learning deepen dramatically.

Thanks for tuning into this week's Birthday Freebie Posts. Hopefully you found something to add to your files and strengthen the children you work with. Some questions about this last week:
What was your favorite freebie? What would you like to see more of on my blog? Drop me a line and let me know. :) I love comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment